Automatic tool touch-down detection and special alignment and die contour profiling functions make setting up on device fast and easy. Concurrent sample tilt correction is also included.
There is no need to level the device as the UltraPrep will accurately profile the die prior to commencing thinning and polishing protocols.
Once a device has been processed, all process parameters can be saved as a process recipe. Up to 125 recipes can be saved, each with its own file name. A unique fixturing system allows for removing the device being processed for cleaning or inspection without remounting or re-aligning the device.
The system includes 3 media dispensing pumps (model 5400) to allow lapping and polishing with abrasive suspensions or CMP slurries. The device holder can be heated, if desired, to accelerate CMP processes.
- Fast, easy set up, including alignment
- Simple operator interface with full process programmability
- System automation of thinning and polish processes
- Programmable depth, accurate to +/-2 microns
- Removable sample holders - allow removal of samples without remounting or realignment
- Contour Tool Path for grinding, lapping and polishing- eliminates "stair stepping", die cracking leveling and thickness variation
- Easy removal of heat spreaders, encapsulant, and die attach pad
- Available inexpensive tooling
- Small Footprint - takes minimal bench space